WordPress 3.6 incompatible with MediaAccesss.php

Home Forums WPAlchemy WordPress 3.6 incompatible with MediaAccesss.php

This topic contains 21 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  lapalu 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

lachie_h
    Participant

Hi Mate,

First of all, love the WPAlchemy framework. It’s a massive timesaver.

Bummed to realise that when I updated to WordPress 3.6 that the MediaAccess helper doesn’t work anymore. More specifically, it reverts to inserting the image into the post editor rather than into the field.

I think this might have something to do with the fact that the media uploader has been replaced with a new one, but I might completely wrong. Anyway, it’d be fantastic if you could take a look.

lachie_h
    Participant

Also thought it might be worth noting that if the MediaAccess helper is used with on a custom post with no featured image and no editor field, the media helper will open up as a new page rather than a modal.

Essentially, I tried to create a new custom post type only using the metabox and found that the MediaAccess helper only works when there is already existing media selection button on the edit page (i.e. the one on the editor or the one on the featured image).

mccawphoto
    Participant

I am having the same problem. Has anybody figured out how to get this working again?

Brandon
    Participant

Same here. I’ve had to use the media upload field type from “Advanced Custom Fields” as a work-around for now. I’m a HUGE fan of WPAlchemy. Looking forward to seeing a resolution for this.

alokjain
    Participant

Latest version of media access library is compatible with WP 3.6, please check here: https://github.com/farinspace/wpalchemy

flabadab
    Participant

If you’re interested in using the new media manager (WP 3.5) instead of the old thickbox uploader:

https://github.com/Flabadab/wpalchemy/blob/master/wp-content/wpalchemy/MediaAccess.php

sullivandavid
    Participant

Any word on getting MediaAccess.php fixed for 3.6 and repeating/grouped image meta boxes? The current code in GitHub only works for single image meta boxes. Thanks!

mccawphoto
    Participant

I used the updated MediaAccess.php found here: https://github.com/farinspace/wpalchemy but it is still using the old thickbox uploader. This is fine actually but when I find an image and click “insert into post” the form field in my metabox is not populated with the image url. Instead it is left blank. Any idea how to fix this?

marlb
    Participant

sullivandavid
    Participant

@marlb Yes! That works on my sites. Thank you!

marlb
    Participant

@sullivandavid You’re welcome ;)

alokjain_lucky
    Participant

@marlb i am getting same issue, but code you have provided did not worked for me, i am using WP 3.6.1, any suggestions please?

marlb
    Participant

@alokjain_lucky perhaps a conflict with an old version of jQuery used by any of your plugins ?

alokjain_lucky
    Participant

@marlb thanks for the response.

I do not have any plugin installed, and jQuery version used  is jQuery v1.10.2

marlb
    Participant

@alokjain_lucky wich browser do you use ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.