Using the WordPress 3.5 Media Uploader

Home Forums WPAlchemy Using the WordPress 3.5 Media Uploader

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  alex_ablt 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Danny_88
    Participant

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is an update to make this Class work with the new WordPress 3.5 Media Uploader.

The wpalchemy class is great and easy to use, I just can’t use it on my later projects as there is a requirement to have the latest Media Uploader. I’ve not managed to find any info on whether there is a planned update or if it exists somewhere, so I appologise if this has been asked before.

Thanks,

Danny

Dimas
    Key Master

Danny, at the moment, there isn’t a planned update to the media access class for wp 3.5 (I need to review what has changed internally). My media access class has always been more experimental, I had a need for it once and wrote it rather quickly, but it wasn’t really meant for production. I will try to revisit it again.

Danny_88
    Participant

Okay no problem. I will go to plan B!

Thanks for the fast reply!

alex_ablt
    Participant

Turns out the new media uploader can do a LOT more than the old one. most notably it can return a ton more data about the file you want to attach. I’ve always struggled with attaching images dynamically to a metabox, and came up with a really clunky way of pulling the ID from the “class” portion of the A tag. I’m going to have a shot at re-writing the mediaupload class to utilise this new data…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.