Using the WordPress 3.5 Media Uploader

Home Forums WPAlchemy Using the WordPress 3.5 Media Uploader

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  alex_ablt 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Does anyone know if there is an update to make this Class work with the new WordPress 3.5 Media Uploader.

The wpalchemy class is great and easy to use, I just can’t use it on my later projects as there is a requirement to have the latest Media Uploader. I’ve not managed to find any info on whether there is a planned update or if it exists somewhere, so I appologise if this has been asked before.

Danny, at the moment, there isn’t a planned update to the media access class for wp 3.5 (I need to review what has changed internally). My media access class has always been more experimental, I had a need for it once and wrote it rather quickly, but it wasn’t really meant for production. I will try to revisit it again.

Okay no problem. I will go to plan B!

Thanks for the fast reply!

Turns out the new media uploader can do a LOT more than the old one. most notably it can return a ton more data about the file you want to attach. I’ve always struggled with attaching images dynamically to a metabox, and came up with a really clunky way of pulling the ID from the “class” portion of the A tag. I’m going to have a shot at re-writing the mediaupload class to utilise this new data…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.